mapper n : a clerk who marks data on a chart [syn: plotter]
- One who maps
Mapper has several meanings:
- Device mapper, handler for Linux.
- Level designer, a person who creates levels for video games.
- MAPPER, a Fourth-generation programming language originally sold by Sperry Corporation (now Unisys).
- Multi-Memory Controller, a special chip on certain NES cartridges and, especially, the code that emulates them.
- Port mapper, maps program to web address.
- Semantic mapper, maps between namespaces.